About Traverse City Web Design
20 Years Building Websites in Traverse City, Michigan
Michigan Web Design
Based in Northern Michigan, Traverse City Web Design has been creating and managing websites for clients in Michigan and across the country for over 20 years.
In addition to creating new sites, we host and manage websites, update websites, and get websites top rankings in search engines like Google and Bing.
The websites we create attract new clients, sell more products & get more leads.
If you’re looking for a new website, if you want to upgrade your current site, or if you need ongoing website management – we can help.
Northern Michigan Web Design
Web Design Portfolio
Traverse City Web Design's Story
Michigan's Premier Web Design Company
The Traverse City Web Design story started in 2001 when Ray Weigel IV left corporate web design and television production and began creating websites for artists & performers in New York City’s bustling theater and jazz scene.
“We were lucky to start with clients like Birdland Jazz Club, Jim Caruso, Billy Stritch, Avenue Q, The American Songbook Project and other entertainers, talent agencies & production companies. We still work with some of those original clients today. ” – Ray Weigel, Founder & Creative Director
Eventually, Ray and family made the decision to move closer to their Michigan roots and brought his web design skills to Traverse City, Michigan in 2003 to form Traverse City Web Design, LLC.
Traverse City Web Design Today
Some of the staff has changed, and Traverse City Web Design has grown quite a bit, but we take pride in continuing to work with some of our early clients.
We work closely with our clients to make new websites, repair and upgrade websites and manage websites to keep them up to date and functioning at top levels.
We’ve completed a wide variety of amazing online projects for a wide variety of companies and individuals. We’ve designed websites for everything from startups to corporate businesses: banks, oil companies, jet companies, manufacturing companies, corporate holding companies, landscapers, flooring companies, and many more.
A Few Clients. . .
- Bay Area Pet Hospital and East Bay Animal Hospital in Traverse City, Michigan
- Birdland Jazz Club in New York City, New York
- The Manistee Public Library
- The Village of Central Lake, Michigan
- Carter Oosterhouse’s National Charity, Carter’s Kids
- Crystal Lake Health Centers in Northern Michigan
- King Orchards in Torch Lake, Michigan
- Lelanau Christian Neighbors, Local Charity
- Leland Community United Methodist Church in Leland, Michigan
- Manistee State Bank in Tampa, Florida
- Morgan Corporation in Chicago, Illinois
- Osteria Rossa, #1 Restaurant in Grand Rapids, Michigan
- RSVP Jet in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Four Winds Creative in San Jose, California
- Sunset Watersports in Traverse City, Michigan
- Porterhouse Productions in Traverse City, Michigan
- Traverse City State Bank in Traverse City, Michigan. . . and many more.
Traverse City Web Design Staff
Principal & Co-Founder
Raymond “Ray” Weigel IV is the founder and creative director of Traverse City Web Design, LLC.
Before starting Traverse City Web Design, Ray Weigel completed his Masters of Fine Arts in Writing, Literature & Publishing at Emerson College in Boston, MA and held a wide variety of positions for national media companies across the country.
Some career highlights include:
- Working on the web team for the first nationally syndicated television show about the Internet (175 markets), The Wild Wild Web, out of Boston, Massachusetts
- Producer and Team Leader of the website for the #1 Video Game TV show in the USA – Extended Play, X-Play – in San Francisco, California
- Working as an on-air tech reporter for the national television network, TechTV – regularly appearing as a featured guest on The Screen Savers, Fresh Gear, Extended Play and TechLive – reporting on cutting edge software and technology.
- Serving on TechTV’s network editorial board – helping create and guide the editorial direction of the national television network
- Serving as an official technology & software judge at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Producing award-winning cabaret theater at nightclubs in central Manhattan, New York City (where we won a New York Nightlife Award, A Backstage Bistro Award, and were repeatedly named Best of TimeOut New York)
- Publishing the weekly email newsletter for the world’s most historic jazz club – Birdland – for the past 18 years!
- Serving as an Officer at the Traverse City Elks Lodge for seven years
- Designing and building MANY, MANY websites for businesses and institutions of all shapes and sizes across the country
These days Ray can be found building, hosting and helping manage websites and online stores for a wide variety of amazing clients in the scenic north of his home state, Michigan, as the head of Traverse City Web Design. He enjoys snowy winters, summers spent visiting the beaches of the Great Lakes and taking bike rides with his daughter in gorgeous downtown Traverse City, Michigan.
He is one of the country’s top web designers and loves meeting new people at all stages of their business and professional journey.
Marc has been involved in building websites since the earliest days of the industry. Most of that time was spent servicing corporate clients like Kellogg’s, Eaton/Dana, Stryker, ConAgra, Pharmacia/Upjohn, Hertz, etc… He’s worked on projects with teams from Leo Burnett, Arc Worldwide, Brigandi & Associates and Biggs Gilmore to execute high quality online solutions for corporate clients all over the world.
He also has experience doing audio production, including the creating original music scores for corporate multimedia projects, Foley audio for the America’s Army video game, and general music recording and production both on and off the computer.
Writing & Copy Editing