About Traverse City Web Design
Experienced, Professional Web Design & Website Management in Traverse City, Michigan
Michigan Web Design
Traverse City Web Design, LLC.
We’ve completed a wide variety of amazing online projects for a wide variety of companies and individuals. We’ve designed websites for everything from startups to corporate businesses: banks, oil companies, jet companies, manufacturing companies, corporate holding companies, landscapers, flooring companies, and many more.
From Corporate Web Design to Creating Small Business
Based in Traverse City, Michigan – we’ve built large eCommerce stores that sell over 10,000 products and small sites meant to capture small donations for non-profits. We’ve worked with multi-billion dollar holding companies as well as many entrepreneurs who are just starting to get their businesses rolling.
If you’re looking for a new website, if you want to upgrade your current site, or if you need ongoing website management – we can help.
Contact us and let us know what you’re interested in.
Founded in 2001
Experienced, Professional Web Design & Customer Service
Goal Focused Web Design
Michigan's Premier Web Design Company
Who We Are
What We Do
We build, repair and manage websites for clients in Michigan and across the United States. We make amazing new websites and transform ailing websites into successful sales and lead generation machines.
We focus on WordPress website design, eCommerce and website management.
The Traverse City Web Design Story
The Traverse City Web Design story started in 2001 when company founders, Ray Weigel IV and Kate Botello, left corporate web design and television production and began creating websites for artists & performers in New York City’s bustling theater and jazz scene.
“We were lucky to start with clients like Birdland Jazz Club, Jim Caruso, Billy Stritch, Avenue Q, The American Songbook Project and other entertainers, talent agencies & production companies. We still work with some of those original clients today. ” – Ray Weigel, Co-Founder & Creative Director
Eventually , they made the decision to move closer to their Michigan roots and brought their web design skills to Traverse City, Michigan in 2003 to form Traverse City Web Design, LLC.
Traverse City Web Design started as a way to create jobs for a scrappy group of inspired creatives, but it quickly grew as a way to help small businesses in Michigan take advantage of all the sales and marketing oppotunities the internet offers.
Our web design and marketing skills have helped build and strengthen local Michigan businesses at the grass-roots level for over 15 years.
We make small businesses successful on the internet.
We Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
Web Design & Management in Northern Michigan
Traverse City Web Design Today
Some of the staff has changed, and Traverse City Web Design has grown quite a bit, but we still take pride in continuing to work with some of our early clients and are committed to helping companies grow by using the internet better. We work closely with our clients to make new websites, repair and upgrade websites and manage websites to keep them up to date and functioning at top levels.
A Few Clients. . .
- Bay Area Pet Hospital and East Bay Animal Hospital in Traverse City, Michigan
- Birdland Jazz Club in New York City, New York
- National Paris and Vienna Opera Conductor, Maestro Kevin Rhodes
- Carter Oosterhouse’s National Charity, Carter’s Kids
- Crystal Lake Health Centers in Northern Michigan
- King Orchards in Torch Lake, Michigan
- Lelanau Christian Neighbors, Local Charity
- Leland Community United Methodist Church in Leland, Michigan
- Manistee State Bank in Tampa, Florida
- Morgan Corporation in Chicago, Illinois
- Osteria Rossa, #1 Restaurant in Grand Rapids, Michigan
- RSVP Jet in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Four Winds Creative in San Jose, California
- Sunset Watersports in Traverse City, Michigan
- Porterhouse Productions in Traverse City, Michigan
- Traverse City State Bank in Traverse City, Michigan. . . and many more.
We Are Traverse City Web Design
Principal & Co-Founder
Raymond “Ray” Weigel IV is the founder and creative director of Traverse City Web Design, LLC.
Before starting Traverse City Web Design, Ray Weigel completed his Masters of Fine Arts in Writing, Literature & Publishing at Emerson College in Boston, MA and held a wide variety of positions for national media companies across the country.
Some career highlights include:
- Working on the web team for the first nationally syndicated television show about the Internet, The Wild Wild Web, out of Boston, Massachusettes
- Managing the website for the #1 Video Game TV show in the USA – Extended Play, X-Play – in San Francisco, California
- Working as an on-air tech reporter for the national television network, TechTV – regularly appearing as a featured guest on The Screen Savers, Fresh Gear, Extended Play and TechLive
- Served on TechTV’s network editorial board – helping guide the editorial direction of the network
- Serving as an official technology & software judge at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Producing award-winning cabaret theater at nightclubs in central Manhattan, New York City (where we won a New York Nightlife Award, A Backstage Bistro Award, and were repeatedly named Best of TimeOut New York)
- Publishing the weekly email newsletter for the world’s most historic jazz club – Birdland – for the past 18 years!
These days Ray can be found building and helping manage websites and online stores for a wide variety of amazing clients in the scenic north of his home state, Michigan, as the head of Traverse City Web Design. He enjoys snowy winters, visiting the beaches of the Great Lakes and taking bike rides with his family in downtown Traverse City, Michigan.
Marc has been involved in building websites since the earliest days of the industry. Most of that time was spent servicing corporate clients like Kellogg’s, Eaton/Dana, Stryker, ConAgra, Pharmacia/Upjohn, Hertz, etc… He’s worked on projects with teams from Leo Burnett, Arc Worldwide, Brigandi & Associates and Biggs Gilmore to execute high quality online solutions for corporate clients all over the world.
He also has experience doing audio production, including the creating original music scores for corporate multimedia projects, Foley audio for the America’s Army video game, and general music recording and production both on and off the computer.